Monday, February 22, 2010

Think I'd take my chance with the Apache Line

















With all of the talk about gangs and hip-hop I got this little tidbit from my home boy George "Sweet Gee" Godfrey.

George, a Bronx native was being recruited into the Black Spades, which by the way, was the biggest black gang in New York in the 60's and 70's. He told me to be initiated into the Spades you had to ride a bike off of the sixth floor of an apartment building and into a tree!

I don't know about you, but...that doesn't sound very smart to me. Not only doesn't it sound too smart to me, but it doesn't sound very fly either.

George told me that the Spades leader Bam Bam, saved him from having to do that. George and Bam are still tight to this day. I feel for those poor, crazy souls that wanted to be down so bad that they took a page from the Evil Knievel School of Foolishness and jumped off a building on a bike.

"Oooooooooh shit, he missed the fuckin' tree!" I bet they yelled quite a few dozen times from the safety of the ground as some moron on a huffy bike went sailing head first into the concrete.

I don't know about you, but, if i had to join a gang, and be initiated into one, then the apache line here I come.

So what they hit you with bricks, fists, feet, chains and sticks...I like my chances for survival on the Apache line versus jumping off of the sixth floor and into some tree!
Post a Comment